- You may apply at any time of the year.
- You can only start your Research Degree in either January or September.
- You are encouraged to contact us to discuss the availability of supervision, before you make a formal application as this can lead to a quicker decision.
- The assessment of your suitability and the availability of supervision can take some time, typically between two and three months from submission of your application. This is because your application will likely be read and examined by many people.
- We encourage you to observe the ‘apply by’ dates in the table below. These are the latest dates by which we can guarantee you will have enough time to complete all the pre-arrival stages in time for your preferred start date.
- If you are an overseas applicant, we advise you to apply well in advance of your preferred start date as the Tier 4 Student Visa application process can be very lengthy.
- If you do miss the relevant ‘apply by’ date we will do our best to process your application in time, but you may have to consider a later starting date.
The recommended ‘apply by’ dates to ensure you to meet your preferred start date are listed in the table below.
|Your preferred start date||Recommended ‘apply by’ date if you are an Overseas applicant requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa||Recommended ‘apply by’ date if you are a Home applicant|
|January 2018||31 August 2017||30 September 2017|
|September 2018||20 April 2018||15 June 2018|
|January 2019||31 August 2018||28 September 2018|