When you arrive

When you've completed your enrolment and have been given your University ID card, here's what to do next.

Your Student Journey

To help you have the best experience at Westminster you should check out our Your Student Journey pages to find all the key services, resources and opportunities available to you throughout your studies. 

Visit the current students homepage

The current students homepage is the central access point for all your online University resources and services.

The latest news and events are posted here, as well as links to key contacts, the University calendar, and all our services and facilities.

Get to know our key student services

Our Student Affairs department is based at 101 New Cavendish Street and is home to many of our key student services, from the Career Development Centre and Disability Learning Support to our Student Exchanges team and Faith and Spirituality team.

For a summary of what the teams do, watch our video below and download the Student Affairs Booklet (PDF, 10.8MB)

To see where the team is based, watch our Finding Student Affairs YouTube video.

You can also keep up to date with the team on the Student Affairs Facebook page.

Visit the Students' Union website

As soon as you've enrolled, you'll be a member of the University of Westminster Students' Union (UWSU). The Union organises a variety of events and activities throughout the year and you'll also find a mixture of UWSU clubs and societies to join.

Visit UWSU's website for full details of who they are and what they do.

Blackboard, your virtual learning environment and registry support

In Blackboard you will be able to access latest Faculty News and and find details of your Faculty’s registry under the ‘Help and Support’ tab. Through this you can manage a range of administrative matters relating to your course. 

IBlackboard is also where you will find learning and teaching materials and undertake learning activities online that will be linked to your face to face classes. In Blackboard you will have access to a site (online classroom) for each taught module that you are taking.

Your Faculty Registry Office

For further administrative help and support  contact your Faculty Registry office.

It will be one of your regular points of contact during your studies here – whether you need a letter to confirm that you're a student, can't find your timetable online or have a query about University regulations or procedures.

Register with Disability Learning Support

If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty, and you haven't yet been in touch with us, you'll need to register with our Disability Learning Support team.

A disability may be any medical condition that has a long-term impact on your ability to study. This could include dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADD/ADHD, Asperger's, long-term chronic medical conditions or long-term mental health problems.

Collect your Council Tax Exemption Certificate

If you're a full-time student and live in University halls of residence or in accommodation where everyone is a student, you won't be liable for council tax.

Ask your Faculty Registry Office for a Council Tax Exemption Certificate and forward it to your local council. Research students should contact the Graduate School Registry for a certificate.

If you're unsure whether you qualify for the exemption, visit our Who pays Council Tax page for more details.

Apply for your Student Oyster photocard

If you're a full-time student, make sure you apply for the 18+ Student Oyster photocard to get a 30 per cent discount on Transport for London services.

Pencil on a calendar

University calendar

Check the University calendar for term start dates, vacation dates, exam dates and more.

Essential Westminster 2017 cover

The Great Start

Find out how we'll be helping you settle in.