- Download the Student Complaints Procedure (PDF)
- Download the Student Complaints Flow Chart (PDF)
- Download the stage 2 Formal Complaints Form (PDF)
- Download the stage 3 Appeal Against the Formal Complaint Decision form (DOC)
- Download our Guidance on making a formal complaint (PDF)
Download our Student Complaints Procedure for FCA regulated activities (PDF). This procedure applies only to these specific areas:
- Debt Advice and;
- Instalment Credit arrangements
What is a student complaint?
The University works hard to provide a high quality service to you at all times and in all areas and activities. However, if you ever feel that the standard of academic or service delivery falls short of what may reasonably be expected, you should refer to the Student Complaints Procedure to find out how best to raise and resolve issues.
The complaints procedure should not be used to:
- request a new or different service or provision
- express complaints about individuals or organisations with which the University does not have a contractual relationship.
If you would like to request a new or different service or provision, please contact the appropriate departmental manager.
If you have a complaint about the Students' Union or the services it provides, please raise the issue with the Chief Executive of the Students' Union.
Please note: The Student Complaints Procedure is intended for the use of current, fully enrolled students at the University of Westminster. Prospective students and applicants should not use this complaints procedure.
How can I make complaint?
When pursuing a complaint, you should:
(1) Read the Student Complaints Procedure
(2) Complete the Formal Complaints Form if you have not managed to achieve an informal resolution of your complaint (see 'Level 1' of the Student Complaints Procedure). When filling in the form, please read our guidance on completing the Formal Complaints Form.
Important: When pursuing a complaint, it is important that you are aware of the University's related Unacceptable Behaviour Policy.