Completing your studies
As a final year student approaching the end of your course with us, you will have access to exclusive offers and support after you've completed your final exams and assignments.
When you graduate, you will become a part of a global alumni community of more than 170,000 graduates and will be able to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits. Don't forget to register with Alumni Online to get the most out of these offers.
Accessing services and facilities
In late May/June, you'll be registered as a 'completed' student in SRSWeb, after the assessment boards have finished. As a 'completed' student, you'll still be able to access:
- SCONUL: Until 31 July of the year you complete your studies.
- University buildings: Until 31 December of the year you complete your studies.
- Printers: Until 31 December of the year of completion. You can get a refund of your unused credit by contacting the Service Desk (FixIT), but note that there is a £5 administration fee. Any credit not claimed will be donated to the University Student Hardship Fund.
- Blackboard: For up to 2 months from the date that you complete your studies.
- SRSWeb and Unix: For up to 18 months after you complete your studies.
- Gmail: For up to 18 months after you complete your studies. You can export a copy of all your Google data using Google Takeout. This must be done within 18 months after you complete your studies. After the 18 months, your Google Apps account will be deleted.
- Refworks: Indefinitely. If you'd like to keep your databases of bibliographic citations after completing your studies, you'll need to set up a new alumni RefWorks account and export your database before your Westminster ID expires. For more information visit the alumni access to Refworks page.
As a completed student, you'll no longer be able to access:
- Library e-resources
- Library loans (make sure you return your library loans as soon as you're finished with them)
- Oracle teaching
Help with your career
Our Career Development Centre aims to help you manage your career effectively and achieve your full potential.
The team offers comprehensive careers advice and can help you find work after the end of your course.
The centre's resources are available to you for 3 years after graduating, and the resources include:
- career guidance
- advice on CVs and applications, and interview coaching
- our online job vacancy listing (for 18 months after graduation)
- employer presentations and workshops
- free careers information booklets
- our Annual Careers Fair
As one of our alumni, you’ll be able to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits:
- Invitations to networking events, lectures and the annual Alumni Reception
- Annual alumni magazine Network and regular e-newsletters
- Access to the community Alumni Online
- Dedicated careers advice for up to three years after you graduate
- Free alumni swipe card so you can use the library and visit the University after you leave
- 15% discount on post-graduate study and discounts on CPD and short courses
- Discounts on gym and sport centre membership
- Connect with the University and other alumni through Facebook and LinkedIn
For more details on all the benefits and to join, visit our alumni pages.
Volunteer with us
Once you graduate you can develop your professional skills and network by becoming an alumni volunteer. There are many volunteering opportunties to consider, including giving a careers talks to current students, helping at a recruitment fair, or providing an alumni profile to inspire future generations of Westminster students.
Become a Mentor
Many of our alumni take up the opportunity of becoming a mentor for current students. This is a great way to develop communication and coaching skills as well as giving something back to your university by using your knowledge and experience of the graduate jobs market to help other students to succeed.
For further details on all the ways you can get involved as a member of the alumni please visit our page on getting involved.