Lynda video tutorials
Lynda.com is an online learning library that can help you to learn software, education, business, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Lynda.com is compatible with Mac, PC, and mobile devices.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students on UK-based programmes are entitled to a free subscription worth £250. This gives you:
- unlimited access to 6,000+ courses
- 30 new courses weekly.
How to log in to Lynda
Simply use your University username and password to log in.
If accessing via the Lynda.com website please select ‘sign in’ and then ‘Sign in with your organisation portal’ and then enter 'westminster.ac.uk'.
A personal account with the default name 'University of Westminster member' is created when you first log in to Lynda.com.
For more information read the privacy notice.
Who is Lynda for?
There is something for everyone on Lynda, including courses on study skills, productivity, employability, and most software packages. There are particular strengths in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Audio + Music
- Video Production
- 3D + Animation
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
To get the most out of Lynda try the following:
- schedule time for regular learning.
- bookmark videos for future reference.
- learn in short bursts of 15 minutes.
- set goals and reward yourself for staying on track.
- listen on the go just like a podcast via the app.
Have a look at the following playlists to get started:
12x3 minute challenge – 12 videos each lasting (on average) 3 minutes, scheduling these over 12 days will give you a bite-size learning boost each day
New Year New You 2017 – learn the skills required to reach for the stars, and create the change you desire for your life
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and Adobe CS 2015 Essential Training – Essential training in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign etc
- Career readiness skills - prepare for the workplace
- Student tools - a selection of courses collected by Lynda specifically for students
Download the Lynda app
To set up the Lynda app on your device, you'll need to:
- Download the Lynda.com app to your mobile device
- Open the app on your device
- Open the menu and select ‘Log in’
- Go to the ‘Organization tab’
- From the Web portal, type in 'westminster.ac.uk'
- Type in your university username and password into the University of Westminster log-in screen.
If you experience any problems accessing the app, try installing any updates or uninstalling and reinstalling it. You can watch Lynda courses online via the app or download courses to watch off-line.
Tell us what you think of Lynda or ask for help by contacting us at [email protected].