The 125 Fund Awards
The 125 Fund gives you the chance to develop that project you’ve dreamed of trying out, buy that piece of equipment that will help your future career prospects or take advantage of a professional development opportunity that will help you to stand out to employers.
This is an innovative opportunity fund which has been created through the generosity of alumni and other supporters. The Quintin Hogg Trust is also generously matching all donations to this fund.
Awards will be made to current University of Westminster students to support projects and activities that enhance your employability, develop your skills and help you to achieve your full potential.
This is a unique and flexible fund so it really is down to you to shape what we award the funding for.
Amount: Between £150 and £1,500
Eligibility: These awards are open to current undergraduate and postgraduate students (taught and research), studying at the University of Westminster on a full or part-time course.
Students from partner institutions (on an exchange semester or year) are not eligible.
Criteria: You can apply for funding to;
- Purchase new equipment
- Develop a project that is relevant to your studies
- Undertake a personal or professional development opportunity
Please note: The 125 Fund Award cannot be used to support your general course and living expenses or tuition fees. We are also unable to award grants for laptops/Apple Macs unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications for the 125 Fund have now closed. The next round of applications will open 3 January 2019.
Please check the eligibility and criteria above before making your application. You are encouraged to apply for the relevant amount required for the specific activity, project or piece of equipment within the range of £150 to £1,500.
When explaining what you are applying for (max 500 words) you will clearly need to outline:
- What the project or activity you require funding for is
- What the funding will cover (with details of anticipated costs)
- How the funding would benefit your professional or personal development
- Your financial need for this award
- If you are an undergraduate student, you might also want to consider how your project or activity might help you to develop one or more of your Westminster graduate attributes.
Before submitting your application, please download and read our guidance notes and application FAQs (Word DOC).
What happens next?
Successful applicants will be contacted by the Development and Alumni Relations Office at the end of February.
If you are successful, you will be required to:
- Attend an award ceremony in March
- Submit a report (with photos if possible) about your project or activity by 1 August 2018
Please note: the number of applications is likely to exceed the amount of funding available and that regretfully not all applications will be successful.
If you need any further information about The 125 Fund awards, please contact the Development and Alumni Relations Office by email [email protected]. Please note the office will be closed 22 December – 2 January.