Property and Construction

Many of Westminster's property and construction students go on to be employed in the property, construction or business sectors. However, the skills, knowledge and experience you have acquired during your degree, work experience and extracurricular activities can also offer opportunities beyond these sectors.

Useful information

Want to become a Chartered surveyor?

Find out more about becoming a Chartered Surveyor from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).

Many employers in the sector welcome applications by graduates from any degree background. If your degree is not accredited by the RICS you will need to take a conversion course, which you can do via full-time study or part-time study while you are working. The conversion course can be done prior to or at the same time as your APC. Some employers may be willing to help with conversion course fees.

Case Studies

Work placements and job vacancies

Professional bodies and related associations

Commercial Awareness

Many employers in the built environment sector expect students to have strong commercial awareness; visit the the ACCA website and Property Week for useful advice on what it is and how to develop it.