Useful information and links
- Third Year Abroad – a network of students who work, study or volunteer abroad during their degree. The articles are written by and for university students across the world to provide up-to-date information, and advice about living, studying and working abroad.
- Go International – read the latest policy, research, statistics, case studies and opportunities for study and work abroad. The website also contains information on the benefits of an international experience, as well as guidance on sources of funding.
- Just Landed – information for people moving country.
- ISIC card – the International Student Identity Card (ISIC), internationally accepted proof of student status, with targeted student benefits and discounts in over 130 countries.
- Going Global – country-specific career information, developed by local career specialists.Features recommended websites and detailed resource descriptions for vital employment topics.
- The UK government's Know Before You Go campaign.
- Gov.uk – help for British nationals living abroad, including country guides.
- NHS travel advice – practical advice if you're travelling abroad, including vaccinations and what to pack.
Find the UK embassy for the country you are going to on the Gov.uk foreign embassies in the UK pages.
Living and studying in Europe
- Erasmus+ Student Network – a website connecting European students and including sections on student events and accommodation.
- iAgora – an active discussion forum with honest comments from students about their personal experiences at different universities, as well as practical advice.
Information on European programmes
- Erasmus+ – the UK Erasmus+ National Agency provides information for UK students studying on Erasmus programmes.
- The European Commission's Europe Direct Service – provides information about EU policies for European citizens and businesses, in several languages.
- Teach English outside the UK – information on becoming a language assistant abroad.
- Study in Belgium – information to prepare for a period of study in Wallonia–Brussels.
- Study in Denmark – website about higher education in Denmark for international students, with practical information about studying, living and working in Denmark.
- CampusFrance – the French national agency for the promotion of higher education, international student services, and international mobility.
- France Diplomatie – the site of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, with policy documents and regular updates.
- DAAD – the German Academic Exchange Service offers information on study and research in Germany.
- Study in Holland – an initiative to promote and inform students about Dutch higher education worldwide.
- Norden – gives information on the Nordic region and Nordic relations to other parts of the world.
- The Swedish Institute – promotes Sweden around the world.
- Study in Finland – what Finnish higher education can offer international students.
- Spain Exchange – information on all aspects of education and exchange programmes in Spain, as well as information about Language courses.
Living and studying outside Europe
Transitions Abroad – this magazine sponsors a student writing contest, which they publish on their website and web magazine. There are also prizes for the winners. Read more about the travel writing contest and submission guidelines.
- Study in Argentina – find out more about higher education institutions in Argentina, their location, their websites and the services they offer.
- Migration agents – specialises in providing visa information for students or travellers wishing to enter Australia.
- Study in Australia – the official Australian government website for international students. Use this site to search for courses, institutions and scholarships, and read about studying and living in Australia.
- Study In Canada – helps international students explore schools across Canada.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education – organisation dedicated to the promotion of Canada's international relations through international education.
- Study in China – China Scholarship Council's information on studying in China.
- Embassies of Japan – find Japanese embassies worldwide.
- The Japan FAQ – Japan FAQs and pre arrival information.
- Study in Japan – produced and operated by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is a site that provides comprehensive information on studying in Japan.
- Study Abroad – general information about studying in the USA.
- Education USA – various resources on studying in the USA.
- Fulbright Commission – information on studying in the US, including scholarships, pre-departure and visa advice.
- International Student – comprehensive resource for students wishing to study in the US.
- International Student homestay page – for students looking for accommodation in the US.