Just go competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: The University of Westminster (Registration no. 977818) whose registered office is at 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to current University of Westminster students who have taken part in a University-sanctioned international mobility since 1st of August 2017, including students who are currently taking part in a University-sanctioned international mobility and students who will be on a University-sanctioned mobility until 31st of July 2018. Staff members of the University are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- This competition will commence at 09:00 on the 1st of January 2018 and will run throughout the academic year, the closing time being 23:59 on the 30th of June 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be considered.
- To enter, entrants must post a photo taken during their overseas mobility on Instagram, using the caption “I went to [destination city] with @westminsterabroad. You should JUST GO because….” and tag #westminsterabroad.
Example: I went to Beijing with @westminsterabroad. You should JUST GO because you’ll never get a better chance to explore a new culture #westminsterabroad
- Each month has a different theme and all entrants must comply with the appropriate theme in order to be eligible for a monthly or/and overall prize. The themes are as follows:
January – local food;
February – people;
March – architecture;
April – campus life;
May – cultural life; and
June – landscape.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the promoter, on the last Friday of each month.
The winners will be selected from the entries received during the respective month and will be announced on the University’s social media channels.
The judges’ decision as to the winning entries is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
8. There will be one monthly prize for each month of the competition, with each month’s prize announced in advance on the University’s social media channels. There will be one overall prize of £100 flight voucher, chosen by the judges from the six monthly winners.
The name and country of the winner can be obtained after 30th of June 2018 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- It is in the nature of the competition that all entries are original and owned by the person submitting the entry. Any photos found to be under the proprietary of another person, group or company, will be disqualified. Any entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be considered. The promoter reserve all rights to decide what is considered inappropriate and/or offensive.
- Copyright for all entries remains with the entrant. By entering the competition, the entrant gives permission for the University to repost entries on its own social media channels. Monthly and overall winners give permission for the University to use their winning images for marketing and publicity purposes for a period of one year after the closing date of the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the University of Westminster and not to any other party.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.