What is the Talent Bank?
The Talent Bank gives students on courses of at least 2 semesters duration the opportunity to apply for paid temporary and part-time vacancies across all campuses and various departments within the University of Westminster.
To find out more watch our short video:
Why register with the Talent Bank?
We recognise the increasing need among students to offset the expense of studying full-time by taking on temporary or part-time work, but we also know that taking on work during your course is not just about earning extra cash. It's a fantastic opportunity for you to develop transferable skills, gain valuable professional experience and subsequently increase your job prospects for after graduation.
We are looking for a number of students to register with us for flexible work over the coming months. There could be a department or external employer looking for someone like you right now! Casual, temporary, part-time, seasonal/holiday work - whatever you're seeking, we are interested in hearing from you.
What will I be paid?
Within the University of Westminster students can work maximum of 20 hours per week earning either £7.50 (National Minimum Wage), £9.75 (London Living Wage) or £12 an hour depending on the job. Students will be required to fill in a timesheet each month and will be paid on a monthly basis.
With external employers students can work part-time during term time and full-time during holidays. The pay rate will vary but will meet the National Minimum Wage.
How do I apply?
- Submit your application by completing this Talent Bank Application form
- If shortlisted, you will be required to complete an online Induction to the Talent Bank
- Once all of the above are successfully done, you will be added to the Talent Bank database and will gain exclusive access to the Talent Bank jobs
In order to be eligible to apply to the Talent Bank, you need to be fully enrolled on a course of at least two semesters in duration. Applications from students on shorter courses will not be considered.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks from submitting your application.
Commitment to embracing diversity and promoting equality
The University is committed to embracing diversity and promoting equality and has a positive approach to employing disabled people. If you have a disability that may affect your performance during any stage of the Talent Bank application process, then you can choose to inform us of this.
By disclosing this information, we may be able to adapt the process for you and take this into account when considering your application. Please email the Talent Bank team at [email protected]. Any information you disclose will be confidential and will not be passed on to Talent Bank employers or anyone outside of the Career Development Centre without your consent.
EU and EEA national students
Please read this information sheet if you are an EU or EEA national student working in the University of Westminster (PDF)
Higher Education Achievement Record
The Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR) is a formal degree transcript that provides a full record of your university achievements, including both academic and extra-curricular learning and experience.
To be eligible for recognition you will need to be part of the Talent Bank scheme and
- get at least one job through the Talent Bank
- attend two Career Development Centre sessions or events (workshops, careers fairs, presentations with employers)
- attend one 45 minute Guidance Appointment with a Careers Consultant
The HEAR is being issued to University of Westminster Undergraduate students (not including students on courses at partner institutions) who commenced their studies from September 2014 onwards.
- We are only able to register a limited number of students.
- Vacancies across the University arise according to departmental need and the number can vary throughout the year.
- The Talent Bank is available only to current University of Westminster students.
- Once you join the Talent Bank, you will be required to apply for the positions you are interested in.
If you cannot find the information you’re looking for on our webpages or if you have any other questions, get in touch with us at [email protected] or on +44 (0) 203 506 6366.