Contacts and support

Use these contacts to find the help you need with any issues or problems affecting your studies.

General advice and help

For a full list of teams and staff who can help you with a range of issues, visit our contacts directory.

Our Students' Union plays a key role in representing students and there is a Students' Union welfare adviser on each campus. Their advisers can offer guidance and support independent of the University and can support you in pursuing appeals, complaints and disciplinary matters. For more information and contact details, Visit the Students' Union website.

Forms and procedures

For a full list of forms and procedures, visit the Forms and procedures page. 

Academic appeals

An academic appeal is a request for a review of the decision made by an Assessment or Mitigating Circumstances Board. For details on the grounds for appeal and how to pursue a case, visit our Academic Appeals page.

Mitigating circumstances

Mitigating Circumstances (MCs) are serious unforeseen, unpreventable circumstances that significantly disrupt a student’s performance in terms of assessment. For more information on MCs and how to make a claim, visit our Mitigating Circumstances page.


If you have a question about fees, have a look at our Fees FAQs page. If you can't find the answer there, get in touch with your University Finance Office.


Our Student Advisers are the only members of staff who can give immigration and visa advice.

The Tier 4 student visa rules are complicated and if you need to extend your visa, your application must be completely correct, otherwise it may be rejected or refused. It is very important to have your application checked before you send it.

For more details, have a look at our Visas page.

IT problems

Our Service Desk (FixIT) can help you resolve any IT issues that you have and also provide an online FAQs page.

Visit the Service Desk (FixIT).

Making a formal complaint

The University works hard to provide a high quality service to you at all times and in all areas and activities. However, if you ever feel that the standard of academic or service delivery falls short of what may reasonably be expected, you should refer to the Student Complaints Procedure to find out how best to raise and resolve issues.