Networks and research contacts
The Westminster Business School (WBS) and Architecture and the Built Environment (ABE) faculties have a long history of work in this area, and as such enjoy a wide network of established research contacts and trusted relations with research partners expert in the area.
Long-standing, reliable and valued research partners exist in Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain and Sweden as well as in British universities; in particular, the University of Manchester, Northumbria University and King's College London. Research Institutes are affiliated to the centre and keen to contribute to funding bids.
ProBE is also closely linked to a number of networks, including:
- Britain at Work 1945-1990: A consortium of academics and practitioners based at the Bishopsgate Institute including Royal Holloway; the universities of Swansea, Westminster, and London Metropolitan; the Oral History Society; Independent Working Class Education; the Scottish Oral History Centre; and the South Wales Miners Library.
- European Institute for Construction Labour Research (CLR): A network of 500+ members across Europe, which organises events and produces regular newsletters and book publications, based in Brussels. Linda Clarke is President and the Institute's British office is based at the University of Westminster.
- British Universities Industrial Relations Association (BUIRA): Linda Clarke organises regular London seminars, as well as assisting in organising events for its Industrial Relations History Study Group. Their annual conference was hosted at the University of Westminster in 2014.
- Construction History Society: Christine Wall is a board member, trustee and editor of the Construction History Journal.
- Oral History Society: Christine Wall is a member of the editorial committee of the OHS’s official mouthpiece, the Oral History Journal
- London Hazards: Linda Clarke is a trustee and on the editorial board.
- Greener Jobs Alliance: Linda Clarke is on the steering group.