Aung San Suu Kyi presents Human Rights Dignity International Film Festival award for the the Act of Killing
19 June 2013
Aung San Suu Kyi is the latest in a list of high profile public figures to be associated with the film.
Awards achieved to date are:
- Human Rights Dignity International Film Festival 2013
- Berlinale Panorama Audience Award for Best Documentary 2013
- Berlinale Panorama Prize of the Ecumenical Jury 2013
- 2013 Danish Academy Award for Best Documentary (Robert Prize)
- 2013 Special Prize of the Danish Film Critics Association - Sær Bodil
- Grand Prize - Sheffield Doc/Fest 2013
- Audience Award - Sheffield Doc/Fest 2013
- Grand Prize - CPH:DOX 2012
- Aung San Suu Kyi Award for Best Film - Burma Human Rights Human Dignity Film Festival 2013
- Grand Prize - DocsBarcelona 2013
- Grand Prize - Biografilm Festival Italy, 2013
- Grand Prix (Documentaire) - Festival de Cinéma Valenciennes 2013
- Grand Prize - Documenta Madrid 2013
- Grand Prize - Human Rights Film Festival Burma 2013
- Audience Award - Documenta Madrid 2013
- Grand Prix - Beldocs Belgrade International Documentary Film Festival 2013
- Audience Award for Best Feature Film - FICUNAM Mexico City 2013
- Critics Prize - Istanbul Independent Film Festival 2013
- Grand Prize - Grimstad Short and Documentary Film Festival 2013
- Audience Award - Planete + Doc Warsaw 2013
- Grand Prix of Lower Silesia - Planete + Doc 2013
- Best Film - Prague One World Festival 2013
- Movies That Matter Award - ZagrebDox 2013
- Gilda Vieira de Mello Prize - Geneva International Human Rights Film Festival 2013
- Basil Wright Prize, Royal Anthropological Institute Film Festival, 2013
- Amnesty International Award - IndieLisboa 2013
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 175-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.