Westminster alumni celebrate recognition at ELLE Style Awards 2015
Fashion 2 March 2015
According to ELLE UK, Ashley is ‘carving her path on the London fashion scene’, with A-listers like Pixie Geldof, Daisy Lowe and Alexa Chung as avid fans and vocal supporters. Celebrity models Alice Dellal and Georgia-May Jagger walked in her show.
In addition to Ashley, three more Fashion Design BA Honours alumni won awards:
- Christopher Bailey (1994 graduate, Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer, Burberry) won the Editor’s Choice Award
- Katie Hillier (1997 graduate, Creative Director, Marc by Marc Jacobs) won the Contemporary Brand Award
- Stuart Vevers (1996 graduate, Creative Director, Coach) won the Best Accessory Designer Award
London Fashion Week 2015 marks Ashley's second solo show, after several seasons on the celebrated Fashion East line-up.
- Find out more about the Fashion Design BA Honours course
- Find out more about the Department of Fashion at the Faculty of Media, Arts and Design
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 175-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.