WIN PAL volunteer opportunities
11 December 2014
The WIN PAL Learning Cafe is a Peer Assisted Learning (student-to-student) scheme where experienced students meet with small groups of first-year students to help them:
- adjust to university life
- improve their study habits
- improve their confidence
- Valuable CV experience such as leadership, teamwork, and facilitation
- Reimbursement of travel/food expenses up to £10 per session
- A Certificate of Achievement
- LIONSGATE Production Company will award prizes to the best volunteers in WIN PAL including 2 tickets to a red carpet premiere
- Lawrence King has donated art books as prizes for volunteers
- Proactive, sociable and keen to help other students by sharing insights
- If undergraduate: have been reaching a 2:1 average
- Participate in the WIN Training on Wednesday 28 January 2015
- Availability on Wednesday afternoons, at Harrow Campus, during February and March 2015
If you are interested in participating and/or would like to find out more, please contact Nicola Allett at [email protected].
The deadline for applying is 16 January 2015.
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 175-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.