Fire Brigade strike action on 25 September
24 September 2013
- Refrain from any high-risk activities, ie working with flammable materials or substances
- Familiarise yourself with all escape routes and exits as well as the location of your assembly point.
- If you detect a fire press the manual call point immediately to raise the alarm and call 5555 (on Campus) or 999 (Halls or Chiswick) and contact Security (you will receive a fire service response)
- If you hear the alarm sound leave the premises immediately by the nearest Exit point encouraging others as you leave and obey Fire Marshal instructions
- Do not use the lifts
- Do not re-enter the building until authorised to do so by Security or any Fire Officer in attendance
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 175-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.