Peter Hort joins panel of experts for Guardian Q&A on careers in film
15 September 2011
The session is scheduled to run from 1pm - 4pm at Live Q&A
The chat will focus on answering questions about the skills you will need, where to look for work and the different roles available within the film industry.
Peter will be joined on the panel of experts by:
- Ed Wethered - a development editor at BBC Films
- Elliot Grove - founder of Raindance Film Festival and the British Independent Film Awards
- Trevor Hearing - subject leader for film and television at Bournemouth University
- Al Morrow - award‐winning producer and head of documentary at production company Met Film Production
- Michael Berliner - established award-winning short film producer
- Helen Jack - director of operations at Shooting People
- Suzanne Mackie - joined Left Bank Pictures in February 2009 as head of film
- Anna Carrington is lead lecturer, digital film making diploma course at SAE Institute Oxford
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 180-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.