Join the Guardian's online live Q&A with Andrew Groves Director of Westminster's BA Fashion Design
14 February 2011
Ask your question about a career in fashion with Andrew Groves from 1pm by accessing this link: http://bit.ly/dKl9zt
The panel is made up of:
- Jenny Holloway is director of Fashion Enter, an organisation committed to supporting fashion enterprise and helping new designers enter the fashion world. Jenny has been working in the fashion industry for more than 25 years.
- Katarina Rimarcikova has worked for high-end fashion labels such as Alexander McQueen and Gucci alongside freelance collaborations with various labels and designers. Katarina set up her own label in 2006.
- Andrew Groves is the course director of the BA Fashion Design degree at the University of Westminster. Andrew's own background in fashion is extensive and has included being head assistant to Alexander McQueen.
- Stephanie Finnan is owner of The Fashion Careers Clinic, a careers advice service specifically for fashion, textiles and accessories designers. Stephanie lectures at various schools, colleges and universities across the UK and is currently launching a short course for 16- to 18-year-olds on fashion careers, in partnership with the Fashion & Textile Museum. She is also author of How To Prepare For A Career In Fashion.
- Dr Maggi Toner-Edgar is director of Toner-Edgar Creative Style Consultancy. Prior to launching this business Maggi was a fashion designer, directing a design and manufacturing business for seven years. She is a member of the Chartered Society of Designers and a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Fashion designer Vanessa Knox set up her own brand, Vanessa Knox Limited, which launches next week. She is also the co-founder of luxury womenswear brand Isabella Oliver.
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 175-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.