10 Gallery Artist Talent Spotting
21 January 2011
The winner of the ‘Ten Gales Prize’, will have their own solo show at 10 Gales Gallery.
The Gallery, tucked away under the railway arches by Bethnal Green tube station, says this is an open call for talent in painting, drawing, printing, sculpture, film, video-art or installation, live art and mixed media and it doesn't matter whether it figurative or abstract
“We are looking forwards to articulating our white gallery space with new talents, new colours, fresh voices, cutting the edge approaches, new messages and new concepts. We are looking forwards to hearing from you.”
Details and Entry Requirements can be found below
Submissions are free.
Submissions deadline: 30/01/11.
Selected artists will be contacted by 15/02/2011.
Exhibition and ceremony awards dates will be published by 01/03/2010.
Coordinated and curated by iceberg Fernandez.
Contact: [email protected]
10 Gales Gallery
Railway Arch 10,
Gales Gardens Mews
- The artists must have been graduated from a Ba or Ma between 2007 and 2010, or being currently attending the final year of their degree or Masters degree.
- The entrants must live or study in the UK.
- A maximum of 3 artworks can be submitted per artist.
- The organisers do not take any responsibility for the artworks. Artists are encouraged to consider insurance.
- If selected for the exhibition, the artist agrees to the reproduction of their work in association with the exhibition.
Please send the following information to this e-mail address [email protected]:
Your C.V and personal statement.
Scanned copy of your student card, probing you have been graduated from a Ba or Ma between 2007 and 2010, or being currently attending the final year of their degree or Masters degree
About your artworks:
- You can submit up to three artworks.
- Working title.
- Images in jpg.
- Links to visualise/listen to your work.
SELECTION PANEL (in alphabetical order):
- Sal Anderson- Film artist and Senior lecturer at LCC (University of the Arts).
- Graham Evans- Artist and Senior Lecturer at University of Westminster.
- iceberg Fernandez- Film & Video artist, coordinator and curator 10 Gales Prize.
- Tessa Peters- Independent Curator and Senior Lecturer, School of Media Arts & Design, University of Westminster.
- Paula Roush- Artist, independent curator and visiting art lecturer at LSB University and University of Westminster.
For more info please visit:
About the University of Westminster:
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 175-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
Internationalisation, employability and sustainability are key elements in the University of Westminster’s vision for the future and we strive to ensure the very highest standards are met and maintained.