07 February 1997
|Time:||9:00am to 5:00pm|
Professor Annette Becker, Dr Avner Ben Amos, Dr Nikki Cooper, Dr Martyn Cornick, Dr Christian Delporte, Dr Philip Dine, Dr Olivier Wieviorka
- Professor Annette Becker, Université de Lille III, on “From one war to the next”
- Dr Avner Ben Amos, Tel Aviv University Visiting Fellow, New College, Oxford, on “The myth of the Marseillaise and the Great War: the transfer of Rouget de Lisle to the Invalides, 14th July 1915”
- Dr Nikki Cooper, University of Sussex, on “Heroes and martyrs: the changing mythical status of the French Army during the Indochinese War”
- Dr Martyn Cornick, University of Birmingham, on “Fighting myth with reality: the fall of France, Anglophobia and the BBC”
- Dr Christian Delporte, Université François Rabelais, Tours, on “The myth of the Fifth Column during the two World Wars”
- Dr Philip Dine, University of Loughborough, on “Imaging the war without a name: the French cinema and Algeria”
- Dr Olivier Wieviorka, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Fontenay-Saint-Cloud, on “Between propaganda and ‘telling the truth’: choices, activities and effects of the clandestine press”.
There are no upcoming events at this time.