05 December 2013
The Security and International Relations Programme will host a one day conference on “The Responsibility to Protect and the Crises in Libya and Syria”. This conference is the first in a two-year series funded by ESRC and the BISA Working Group on Intervention and the Responsibility to Protect.
The UN Special Adviser on the Responsibility to Protect will give a plenary address followed by two round tables.
Please contact Dr Aidan Hehir ([email protected]) for more details or to reserve a place. Staff and students at the University of Westminster can just turn up on the day.
11:20am: Welcome Address
11:30am: Plenary Address and Q&A: Professor Jennifer Welsh, UN Special Adviser on the Responsibility to Protect
2pm: Panel 1: "Assessing R2P's Efficacy during the Crises in Libya and Syria"
- Chair: Professor Nicholas Wheeler (University of Birmingham)
- Professor Chris Brown (London School of Economics)
- Dr Philip Cunliffe (University of Kent)
- Dr Aidan Hehir (University of Westminster)
- Mr Justin Morris (University of Hull)
4pm: Panel 2: "R2P after the Arab Spring"
- Chair Professor Jason Ralph (Leeds)
- Dr Adrian Gallagher (University of Leeds)
- Professor Mary Kaldor (London School of Economics)
- Dr James Kearney (United Nations Association of the UK)
- Dr James Pattison (University of Manchester)
There are no upcoming events at this time.