Kaduna Master Plan revision and mapping
The Kaduna Master Plan Revision and Mapping (2008) is being carried out by a consortium of three companies: Max Lock Consultancy Nigeria Ltd (MLCN) of Kaduna, Benna Associates, Zaria and Triad Associates, Kaduna. It is led by MLCN under a directive from His Excellency Arc. Namadi Sambo Executive Governor of Kaduna State and involves substantial inputs by a range of other subcontractors and consultants.
Our principal overseas partners are the Max Lock Centre at the University of Westminster, London, UK, Bradford Associates of Providence, Rhode Island, USA and Water Surveys (UK) Ltd.
The study uses the latest digital technology and satellite imagery, and Georeferenced Data Infrastructure (GDI) for Kaduna City. It will serve as a basis for the new Master Plan, and ensures that the Master Plan is effectively implemented, monitored and evaluated by the government.
The study is structured around four central themes: People, Environment, Economy and Institutions, which aims to shape a conducive environment in which the people of Kaduna can promote their institutions and their economy. It will be focusing on those generic planning goals that address matters of public interest. They include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The social and economic development of Kaduna in its National, Regional, State and city-regional context.
Poverty reduction, social well-being and equity, security and health; meeting the UN’s Millennium Development Goals and improving the general quality of life of the population.
- The physical development and regeneration of Kaduna Urbanised Area and Infrastructure; improving physical and economic efficiency of its assets and making the city attractive for investment.
- Governance: reform of the planning system, public participation in the planning process, creating conditions for social harmony in diversity, and strengthening social capital and networking.
- Addressing the particular aspirations, concerns and priorities of the Kaduna community (and communities).
- Environmental sustainability: reducing regional and global environmental impact, ensuring the sustainable use of natural resources, adapting to climate change and addressing the immediate pressing issues of environmental health and quality that affect the population.