In accordance with Government guidance on physical distancing, with the safety, health and wellbeing of our University community at the heart of our decisions this short course will be delivered in a virtual classroom – meaning you get the benefit of delivery by experienced academics and practitioners - rather than studying unsupported from written material online.
Whether you are a business owner who wants to improve your online engagement and gain competitive advantage or a complete beginner looking to start a career in online marketing, the Digital Marketing Institute's (DMI) digital marketing course could be the ideal solution. This course is delivered in the heart of London and offers a practical marketing short course that will help you improve your online marketing activities.
This short course is accredited by the Digital Marketing Institute - an international professional association for Digital Marketers. Success in this programme allows you to become a Certified Digital Marketing Professional.
It is delivered in two 2-hour sessions over 10 weeks on a Wednesday evening (6-8pm) and a Saturday morning (10am-12 noon). To gain the DMI certification there is a multi-choice online exam at the end of the course.
Who is this course for?
Certified Digital Marketing Professional is ideal for anyone involved in the planning, implementation or measurement of digital strategies – or anyone who employs digital marketing staff and would like to understand how they spend their time.
This marketing course is for:
- professionals who need to understand digital marketing or get more out of their digital channels
- marketers who want to fast-track their career or improve their position in the marketplace
- small business owners who need to maximise online channels for growing their business
- students who want to upskill in digital marketing
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Westminster Business School has been accredited by the Digital Marketing Institute to deliver this programme to a syllabus designed by practising digital marketing professionals and endorsed and validated in conjunction with Google, Facebook, Twitter, Paypal, Microsoft and Ogilvy, to name just a few. This ensures that the curriculum has been specifically structured to focus on current trends and best practices in digital marketing.
The course covers the following modules:
- An introduction to digital marketing
- Content marketing
- Search marketing – search engine optimisation (SEO) and paid search
- Email marketing
- Video and digital display marketing
- Social media marketing
- Web optimisation
- Digital Analytics
- Digital marketing campaign planning
At the end of this course, you will understand the various channels and activities required to plan, implement and manage a comprehensive digital marketing plan for your business.
Our Certified Digital Marketing Professional will help you to:
- gain a clear understanding of the value of digital marketing and why it is a vital component of your overall marketing strategy
- plan, create and effectively manage search, social media, mobile and email marketing campaigns
- integrate your digital marketing plans into your overall marketing strategy
- drive new visitor traffic to your website while improving online conversion rates
- understand how digital marketing can help you grow your business, domestically and internationally
- identify various online applications and resources that can help build effective and profitable websites
- measure and analyse the visitor traffic to your website to continuously develop and improve your digital marketing efforts
What's included in the course cost?
The course cost includes lectures, lecture materials and the exam fee. These materials will be available on the University's virtual learning platform. A copy of the manual is not provided as routine but will be made available to delegates who do not already have a copy.
Assessment and certification
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the University listing the modules of the course. The Digital Marketing Institute will issue certificates online directly to you.
The certification will be awarded on successful completion of a three-hour computer-based multi-choice exam. The exam is set and graded by the DMI and administered by Pearson Vue through their worldwide assessment centres.
You book your assessment online, through the Pearson website, to be taken at a time and place convenient to you. Guidance on how to do this will be given at the start of the course. The exam fee is included in the cost of your course.
We recommend you allow a minimum of two weeks after the course for your further study and revision before taking the test. Your registration allows you to take the test up to 24 weeks after completing the taught programme.
You also gain membership of the Digital Marketing Institute as a professional for 12 months.
Your career as a digital marketer
Digital Marketing is a contemporary career that is so generic it is applicable to any business sector. This qualification offers opportunities for a career change or internal advancement in most medium or large, UK or international organisations. The typical salary range for graduate marketing schemes and entry-level positions, such as digital marketing assistant, is £18,000 to £22,000. A more experienced digital officer, or digital coordinator, can expect to earn up to £30,000. In a more senior management role, this has the potential to rise up to £40,000. Including the Digital Marketing Practitioner in your CV will add a sought-after qualification.
Digital marketing involves the promotion of products and services through a variety of digital channels, using the internet and mobile technology. In the role of digital marketer, you'll be involved in developing an organisation's multi-channel communication strategies.
As a digital marketer, you may need to:
- develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- create and upload copy and images for the organisation's website
- write and dispatch email marketing campaigns
- research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums
- design website banners and assist with web visuals
- conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting
- contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- contribute to company and industry blogs and manage e-communications
- assist with paid media, including liaising with digital advertising agencies
- manage the contact database and assist with lead generation activities
- use web analytics software to monitor the performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement
If you work in an agency you may also have to:
- negotiate with media suppliers to achieve the best price for clients
- communicate with clients, affiliate networks and affiliate partners
- provide accurate reports and analysis to clients and company management to demonstrate effective return on investment (ROI)
This course will run in autumn 2020. Bookings will open in the upcoming months. An online version of the course is available. If you have any questions about the course in the meantime, please get in touch with us via the details at the bottom of this page.
This course is taught at our Marylebone Campus in central London, within easy walking distance of Regent's Park and Marylebone High Street.