CILEx (Chartered Institute of Legal Executives) courses provide an alternative route to becoming a qualified lawyer. Our CILEx courses are taken part-time, so that you can continue to work while studying towards your qualification.
The CILEx Level 6 Professional Higher Diploma in Law and Practice is the follow-on course from Level 3 Professional Diploma In Law and Practice. The Level 6 course is completed over two academic years on a part-time evening basis. We envisage that you complete three units of study in each year, which will require you to attend University two evenings per week during term-time.
Level 6 is equivalent to undergraduate level.
Who is this course for?
Level 6 Year 1 is a follow on after completion of Level 3 Diploma (Years 1 and 2).
Find out more about CILEx, how to qualify as a legal executive lawyer and career options available to you.
CILEx (not the University of Westminster) may allow certain exemptions for previous studies. Please view the CILEx exemptions table and contact CILEx directly to see what exemptions you may qualify for.
There are instalment options available for the tuition fees. The instalment plan consists of 50% at enrolment, 25% on 11 December and 25% on 29 January.
In addition to the tuition fee, you will be required to pay CILEx:
- a registration fee to be assigned the correct membership grade
- a fee for examination re-sits
- an exam fee for each exam or assessment you are sitting
- a fee to purchase the mandatory CLS manual for each unit of CILEx study
For full details, please contact CILEx directly on +44 (0)1234 841 000.
Discounts and offers
We offer a 15% discount for organisations or companies registering two or more delegates on any of the CILEx courses. Offers do not accumulate.
How to claim your discount
Email us on [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 3506 9900. Please note that you must confirm your eligibility before booking. Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
We will provide further information about registering as a member with CILEx when you join the course. Please do not register before starting the course.
We offer the following Level 6 units.
- Contract Law: Wednesday 6–8pm
- Criminal Law: Wednesday 6-8pm
- Employment Law: Thursday 6–8pm
- Family Law: Wednesday 6–8pm
- Company and Partnership Practice: Thursday 6–8pm
- Land Law: Monday 6–8pm
- Civil Litigation: Monday 6–8pm
- Conveyancing: Thursday 6–8pm
- Criminal Litigation: Monday 6–8pm
- Company and Partnership Law: Wednesday 6–8pm
- Employment Practice: Monday 6–8pm
- Family Practice: Thursday 6–8pm
CILEx 2020–21 entry requirements
In order for your application to be accepted you will need to have one of the following qualifications:
- CILEx Level 3 diploma
- Law degree or Graduate Diploma in Law
If you do not have any of the qualifications listed above please provide details of the qualification you wish to submit or contact us via our email: [email protected]
CILEx Open Days
We currently don't have any scheduled open days. New dates are added regularly.
This course is currently underway. The next available course will run in September 2021 and bookings will open in spring 2021.
If you are interested in this course, please fill out our enquiry form and we’ll be in touch when bookings re-open.
Mandatory Induction Evening
- 9 or 11 September 2020
- Term 1: 14 September to 11 December 2020
- Term 2: 4 January to 28 May 2021