International Study Abroad 4 Module Programme options
- Download the module catalogues from the tables below.
- Choose 6 modules from the Faculty module catalogues below for each semester and list them on the application form in order of preference – 3 preferred modules and 3 alternative modules, in case your top choices are full or otherwise unavailable. Note: If you are studying for the full year, you must choose 6 modules for each semester, ie 12 in total.
- Choose 2 modules from the 4th module option catalogue below for each semester and list them on the application form in order of preference – 1 preferred module and 1 alternative module, in case your top choice is full or otherwise unavailable. Note: If you are studying for the full year, you must choose 2 modules for each semester, ie 4 in total.
- If you are studying for one semester, check that your preferred module choices do not exceed 80 UK credits (16 US credits). This normally equates to 4 modules, but there are exceptions.
- If you are studying for a full year, check that your preferred module choices do not exceed 160 UK credits (32 US credits). This normally equates to 8 modules, but there are exceptions.
- If you are selecting Level 5 or 6 modules, check in the module catalogues whether the modules have pre-requisites. You will not be expected to have completed the precise pre-requisites, but you must have studied a similar course or module in your home country.
- If you are selecting any Media, Arts and Design or London Studies modules, check the "Media, Arts and Design portfolios and London Studies information" instructions below on portfolio submission and the maximum number of modules you can take.
- Get approval for your module choices from your home institution, to ensure you have agreement for your credits to transfer.
- Please note that it is not possible to choose specific day or time slots for modules as these will be allocated automatically by the timetabling system. Teaching takes place at the University of Westminster from Monday to Friday between 9am to 9pm.
Please note that the study abroad module catalogues are issued on the express condition that all matters in them are subject to change from time to time. In particular, while the University of Westminster will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver courses, programmes of study and other educational services, circumstances may change. Acceptance onto the study abroad programme does not mean acceptance onto particular modules. For full details of our acceptance policy please visit our Acceptance to Study page.
The University of Westminster reserves the right at any time to vary the content and delivery of courses, to change the location of courses and modules, to discontinue or combine courses, or to discontinue services, if such action is reasonably considered necessary by the University of Westminster.
For practical modules at Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design, evidence of capability in each discipline you are interested in (demonstrated through a portfolio) is an important part of the admissions process and must be submitted at the time of application.
For details of what your portfolio must include, please download the portfolio submission guidelines for study abroad students PDF.
In addition, students are restricted to taking:
- a maximum of 2 practical modules in each semester from Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design
- a maximum of 1 module from the London Studies Portfolio
There are a limited number of places for study abroad students on modules from the Fashion Buying Management and Fashion Merchandising Management degree programmes.
With the exception of 4FAMN005W London Fashion in Semester 1, these places are restricted to study abroad students who are majoring in Fashion at their home institution.
Note that modules from the Department of Fashion can only be selected at the time of application and cannot be registered for during the Orientation period.
Faculty module catalogues
|Faculty||Teaching location||Subject areas||Module catalogues|
|Social Sciences and Humanities||
Regent Campus. central London, which comprises:
|Westminster Business School||Marylebone Campus, central London||
|Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design||Harrow Campus, north-west London (Travel Zone 4)||
|Science and Technology||Cavendish Campus, central London||
|Architecture and the Built Environment||
Marylebone Campus, central London
4th module option catalogue
If you are enrolling on the 4-module programme, you will need to select your 4th module from the relevant following catalogue:
- Semester 1: Download the 4th Module Catalogue for Semester 1 (PDF)
- Semester 2: Download the 4th Module Catalogue for Semester 2 (PDF)
These modules are taught at our central London campuses, with the exception of our Television module, which is taught at our Harrow Campus.
Subject areas covered by these modules are:
- Art History
- Creative Writing
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Theatre Studies