Semester Internship Programme
By choosing the University of Westminster’s international internship programme, you will discover that study abroad can be more than just a London classroom.
Our internship programme will give you a unique opportunity to develop a professional and cultural insight into the city, and will also:
- Complement and enhance your studies
- Provide an international dimension to your work experience, which will enhance your employability and your ability to achieve your career goals
- Strengthen your resume and allow you to showcase a global skills set
- Build up your skills and confidence in the work place
- Provide you with networking opportunities to enhance your professional network
- As an alumnus of one of our study abroad programmes you will be eligible for a 15% discount on one of our full- and part-time Masters courses* and PhD courses
During the programme, you will:
- study 2 free-choice modules
- study 1 Professional and Personal Skills Development module
- complete 14 hours per week in your internship post
- earn 60 UK credits/12 US credits/30 ECTS on successful completion of the programme
- Be able to apply for housing in University accommodation
- Receive full pre-departure information before you leave home and an extensive orientation session when you arrive
- Be supported by specialists advisers to guide you through your study experience
- Be able to participate in the Education Abroad Team’s social programme
What our students say
“Whatever company you work for, you will not only learn about the particular industry, but you will also learn about working in a city like London and in a foreign country like the UK.
"Working in London is truly the opportunity of a lifetime and you will learn more from it than you ever imagined.”
Former Undergraduate Study Abroad Internship Programme student
Interested in what our current student are up to? Search #livelearnlondon on Instagram.