Postgraduate study abroad
- Study for one semester to enhance your academic learning and understanding of your discipline. Evidence suggests that those who study abroad achieve higher grades in their degree programmes.
- Earn international credits to transfer back to your Masters programme at your home university to showcase your international learning.
- Participate in an optional internship to enhance your employability and your ability to achieve your career goals.
- As an alumnus of one of our study abroad programmes you will be eligible for a 15% discount on one of our full- and part-time Masters courses and PhD courses.
On the programme, you will be able to:
- Study modules up to 60 UK credits (12 US credits/30 ECTs), which normally equates to three modules
- Gain international work experience by taking an internship as part of your study abroad programme*, which allows you to combine work and study
- Choose classes from a wide range of subjects, including Business, Law, Politics, International Relations, Visual Arts, English Literature, and more
- Transfer university credit from successfully completed modules to your home university
- Apply for housing in University accommodation
- Receive full pre-departure information before you leave home and an extensive orientation session when you arrive
- Be supported by specialist advisers to guide you through your study experience
- Opt to participate in the Education Abroad Team social programme
* Note that the internship programme credit is gained by taking a module which awards undergraduate credit.
What our students say
“I chose this University because I thought it was the best way to meet my different goals, which were discover another culture, another way of working, meet different people from everywhere because London is a very cosmopolitan city, and finally because English universities are renowned for the quality of their teaching.
"The University of Westminster has an amazing campus situated in the heart of central London, has very qualified teachers, and a way of teaching that is very interesting and stimulating”
Former Postgraduate Semester Study Abroad Programme student.
Interested in what our current students are up to? Search #livelearnlondon on Instagram