English as a Foreign Language+ Study Abroad Programme
Who is this programme for?
For non-native speakers of English, we offer a year-long study abroad programme that includes 3 months of studying English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
- Immerse yourself in the life of a university which has a global reputation for the excellence of its programmes and boasts excellent ratings for the quality of its teaching and world-class research groups
- Study English and academic subjects to enhance both your English language skills and your academic learning. Evidence suggests that those who study abroad achieve higher grades in their degree programmes
- Earn international credits to transfer back to your degree programme at your home university to showcase your international learning
- As an alumnus of one of our study abroad programmes you will be eligible for a 15% discount on one of our full- and part-time Masters courses and PhD courses.
The programme offers you the opportunity to:
- Spend the first semester on our English as a Foreign Language programme, starting in September. This will help you enhance your English language skills in preparation for the full-time academic study in the second part of your programme
- Study 3 modules worth 60 UK credits over 1 semester
- Choose classes from a wide range of subjects, including Business, Law, Politics, International Relations, Visual Arts, English Literature, and more
- Transfer university credit from successfully completed modules to your home university
- Apply for housing in University accommodation
- Receive full pre-departure information before you leave home and an extensive orientation session when you arrive
- Be supported by specialists advisers to guide you through your study experience
- Opt to participate in the Education Abroad Team’s social programme
What our students say
“The University of Westminster has been the centre of my fantastic London life. Like London, Westminster has many things to offer.
"During the classes, I studied with students from America, other European countries, Asian countries and I met wonderful friends whom I can share my experiences of London life with.”
Former English as a Foreign Language + Undergraduate Study Abroad Programme student
Interested in what our current students are up to? Search #livelearnlondon on Instagram.