International partnerships for institutions

The following titles are a guide to the most common partnership models that the University is actively involved in on an international scale. This list is not exhaustive and does not cover all areas of possible partnership activity.

International teaching partnership

In this type of relationship, all or part of a Westminster degree, module or short course is taught overseas, by a partner institution (sometimes supported by Westminster academic staff) and is subject to the University's Academic Regulations.

This includes:

  • franchise agreements
  • external validation
  • dual awards
  • joint awards
  • distance learning
  • pre-sessional courses
  • short courses

Students: Find out if your institution has an international teaching partnership with the University of Westminster.

Institutions: Contact us with your query or proposal.

International progression partnerships

In this type of partnership, a foundation course is taught by a partner institution that automatically grants successful students entry or advanced entry to a degree course studied at the University of Westminster in London. As successfully completing one of these courses wins a student entry to the University and not a qualification, no validation agreement is involved.

Students: Find out whether you will need to take a foundation course as a prerequisite to your degree.

Institutions: Contact us with your query or proposal.

Overseas student recruitment representatives

The University of Westminster works closely with representatives in countries all over the world to offer potential students:

  • up-to-date information on our courses, fees and facilities
  • advice about entry criteria and the application process
  • help with making an application
  • ongoing support through the admissions process (including advice and guidance through the visa application process)
  • pre-departure briefings

Students: Find a representative in your country.

Institutions: See our full list of overseas representatives or contact us with your enquiry or proposal.

Study Abroad and Summer Schools

The University of Westminster holds Study Abroad and Summer School agreements with nearly 100 partner institutions around the world allowing students admission to study at Westminster for a summer, semester or full academic year. Students can also apply to study part of their degree with Westminster on an independent basis.

Students: Explore your options for studying abroad.

Find out more about our Education Abroad Centre or contact us with your enquiry or proposal.

Exchange partnerships

Exchange partnerships are reciprocal agreements, including the Erasmus+ programme, which enable overseas students to come to study in Westminster for a semester or full academic year. The University currently holds over 130 of these agreements worldwide. Links are subject/Faculty specific and also student number specific. The availability of places and eligibility to study on exchange are dependent on the following:

  • The number of places available at Westminster and the number of students wishing to participate in an exchange
  • Faculty and subject areas must match students' courses at their home University

Students: Find out whether your institution has an exchange partnership with the University of Westminster.

Institutions: Have a look at our list of Student Exchange Partners or contact us with your enquiry or proposal.

Academic language support

The University of Westminster runs pre-sessional and in-sessional Academic English courses. In addition to the intensive taught classes, the pre-sessional courses fully integrate a range of cultural visits within the students' programme of study, providing them with more opportunities to listen to and practise English, broaden their learning experience and meet students from other classes. In-sessional Academic English modules are credited. They offer students the possibility of developing their Academic Skills to complement their level of study at the University, thereby helping students to boost their results in their academic subjects.

Students: See what Academic English courses we offer or find out what the English language requirements are for studying at the University of Westminster.

Institutions: See what Academic English courses we offer or contact us with your enquiry or proposal.

International research and knowledge transfer partnerships

The University of Westminster is involved with many research and knowledge transfer partnership projects both nationally and internationally.

Students and institutions: Find out more about our research projects and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.


Partner institutions

Westminster faculties have links with hundreds of universities and organisations around the world.