Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design
06 September 2017
|Time:||9:00am to 5:00pm|
|Location:||Regent Campus, 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW – View map|
Innovation In Music (InMusic) is a European music industry conference which brings together researchers and professionals interested in the future of the music industry, from the artist through to the consumer. The 2017 conference includes keynote lectures and panel sessions with award winning music industry professionals including Imogen Heap, Talvin Singh, Mandy Parnell and Ken Scott.
InMusic17 will provide an outstanding opportunity for all those interested in the fast-moving changes taking place in the music industry to mix with experts in the field, exchange experiences and learn about the latest trends and innovative developments. Participants can also achieve a peer reviewed publication in the conference proceedings.
Innovation In Music welcomes academics, artists, producers, engineers, music industry professionals and manufacturers to come together and hear papers on a wide range of topics.
Conference themes include:
- Music production: past, present and future
- Performance and composition: human and beyond
- Innovation in music business
- Music consumer behaviour: the changing psychology and perceived value of music
- Technologies for remuneration and data management
- Platforms for music sale, streaming and broadcast
- Studio technology innovation
- Innovative music creation and songwriting
- Sound engineering: audio and acoustics
- Mastering commercial music
- Hi-res audio and future music formats
- Piracy in 2017 and beyond
- Post production innovation: plugins, workstations, automated mixing
- Sound design and music for video games
- Knowledge transfer between music industry and academia
- Cross-disciplinary topics around music and innovation
Keynote and Panel Speakers
Imogen Heap – Grammy Award-winning songwriter, recording artist, producer and engineer
Talvin Singh OBE – Mercury Music Prize winning percussionist, producer and composer
Mandy Parnell – Grammy Award-winning master engineer and UK MPG Mastering Engineer of the Year 2017
Ken Scott – Music producer and studio engineer for David Bowie, Lou Reed, The Beatles
Peter Oxendale – Forensic musicologist and expert copyright witness
Jonathan Bailey – CTO at iZotope
A special Innovation Panel to be held at Innovation In Music 2017 will bring together a number of practitioners at the cutting edge of music technology and sound innovation, including:
Jon Eades – Innovation Manager, Abbey Rd Studios
Hakan Lidbo – Music Producer, Sound Artist
Josh Saunders – Head Of Technical & Creative for Warner Music Group UK
Adam John Williams – Digital Artist, Hardware Hacker
The early-bird discount fee is £260 fee per delegate registering by Friday 2 June 2017 and includes attendance at the conference banquet. From Saturday 3 June 2017, the conference attendance fee will be £295 per delegate.
How to attend
Please visit the conference website for regular updates and conference details as they are confirmed.
Equality and Diversity
All involved in the organisation of Innovation In Music are committed to encouraging fairness, equality and diversity throughout our event, in terms of the organisational structure, the invited participants and in the encouragement of presenters and paper authors. We welcome anyone interested in the conference themes to engage with us and join us in building a sustainable conference that can represent all corners of the music related industries.
Imogen Heap Photo Credit: Fiona Garden