Please note that we are not yet able to offer places for 2019.
The University of Westminster is running a three-day workshop this summer exploring biomedical sciences with students in Year 11 and above. Join our team of academic staff, and learn how to examine human cells and how diseases such as cancer are diagnosed and studied in a laboratory setting. This three day biomedical sciences taster is led by our resident scientists Dr Miriam Dwek, Dr Gulrez Zariwala and Mrs Carol D’Souza. Register for this free event and discover what it takes to be a scientist.
To register for a free place on our course, please email Miriam Dwek with the following information:
- Name of student
- Date of birth
- Contact Details
- Mobile phone and email
- School address
- School telephone number
- School contact name and email
- Please indicate if you would be of the first generation in your immediate family to attend university or if you are (or have been) eligible for free school meals.
- Wear fully enclosed shoes (no heels or sandals)
- Tie long hair back
- Bring a pen, notepad, and a £1 coin for lockers
All protective clothing will be provided.
Please note, places on the course will be assigned on a first-come first served basis. In the event that the course is oversubscribed the places will be assigned according to the following criteria:
- You are in School Years 10–13 (England Wales) or equivalent.
- You attend a state (non-fee paying) school
- You would be of the first generation in
- your immediate family to attend university and/or are (or have been) eligible for free school meals.
For further information, please contact
E: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 ext 64158