Take an IELTS Preparation Course to boost your English language skills while familiarising yourself with the IELTS exam format and requirements.
IELTS is the most widely recognised English test across the globe.
It is accepted as evidence of English language proficiency by over 9,000 organisations in more than 135 countries, for education, immigration and professional purposes.
Who is Module A for?
Module A is aimed at students with a minimum English level of B1 and has been specifically designed for those wishing to combine academic study with work.
While no guarantee can be provided regarding the IELTS level achieved on completion of training, our aim is for the majority of students who attend all classes, complete all work and respond positively and proactively to feedback to improve by 0.5 by the end of the course.
This course is timed so that students who complete IELTS Preparation Course Module A with an IELTS score of 5 will be able to progress immediately to the higher-level Module B in January 2020.
Centrally located in the heart of London next to Oxford Circus, our Regent Street Campus offers well-equipped, modern classrooms and easy access to a broad range of University facilities, making it an ideal choice for both full-time and part-time students.
Our teachers are all professionally qualified English teachers with significant experience of IELTS and they in turn are supported and quality-assured by the course leader, an IELTS expert.
You will need to pass an entrance test to join this course. Once you have filled in our booking form, we will send you a copy of the test and a deadline by which to submit it. We will only ask for payment once you have successfully completed the test.
Our IELTS course will give you:
- training to improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills together with grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation input to maximise your exam performance
- an overview of the format and requirements of each of the IELTS papers
- coaching in IELTS exam strategies to help maximise your scores
- the opportunity to take IELTS practice tests and receive detailed feedback to help you work towards your target score
- access to additional study materials on our virtual learning environment, which will extend and enhance your learning experience
Our IELTS courses
We are running three different types of IELTS course:
- Part-time IELTS Preparation courses (minimum English level B1), delivered two evenings per week:
- 27 April – 17 July 2020 (Module A)
- 20 January – 10 April 2020 (Module B)
- Intensive IELTS Preparation Courses.
- 11 May – 5 June 2020 (4-week course)
- 11 May – 22 May 2020 (2-week course)
- One-day consolidation/revision workshops:
- 26 October 2019: Writing
- 2 November 2019: Speaking
- 16 November 2019: Writing
Our courses are delivered in small classes (maximum group size is 14) so that you can benefit from one-to-one attention in the classroom and the rich feedback we provide across all four skills (listening, speaking reading and writing).
We will also create a tailored study plan for you, with specific goals and an explanation how you can achieve them. This is critical to help you understand and apply the more challenging aspects of English language required for higher-order communication of complex ideas across all skills.
What is included
The course costs £910 and includes:
- 48 hours’ face-to-face tuition
- access to online learning materials via our virtual learning environment
- the IELTS exam
- two IELTS textbooks – Cambridge Grammar for IELTS and Ready for IELTS Coursebook (subject to change by tutor and availability)
As a student at the University of Westminster you will also have access to our facilities for the duration of the course (for example, the computer suites and library) and you will be invited to the many public lectures and other events for our students, staff and the wider community.
This course is taught at our Regent Street Campus in central London.