Shaftesbury is a real estate investment trust which invests exclusively in the liveliest parts of London’s West End. Their objective is to deliver long-term growth in rental income, capital values and shareholder returns.
Focused on restaurants, leisure and retail, they own and manage a 16-acre property portfolio across Carnaby, Seven Dials and Chinatown, as well as substantial ownerships in East and West Covent Garden, Soho and Fitzrovia.
The company is offering a life-changing opportunity to one UK/home student entering their second year of study in September 2021 on the BSc Real Estate FT course through the establishment of the Shaftesbury Scholarship.
Worth up to £20,000 each year for the second and final year of study (£40,000 total), the transformational scholarship will pay for your full tuition fees, ensuring you only graduate with one year’s worth of debt from the Student Loan Company for your first year, plus provide you with £10,000 for annual maintenance including rent, travel, food, bills and course materials, to ensure you don’t need to work in a part-time job so can fully dedicate yourself to your studies (reduced to £5,000 if you live at home with parents). Furthermore, the scholar will be mentored by a member of the Shaftesbury team and offered paid work experience.
- An award of up to £10,000/year is offered for annual living expenses, reduced to £5,000 if you live at home with your parents for Level 5 and Level 6
- Full-fee tuition fee waiver worth £9,250/year for Level 5 and Level 6
In order to apply you must:
- Be a Level 4, full-time undergraduate UK student at the University of Westminster for the academic year 2020-21, fully enrolled on the Real Estate BSc course
- Be getting your full undergraduate student loan for 2020-21 and have a household income of less than £25,000 (if you have not done so already, you need to apply for maintenance based funding from SLC so they can assess your household income even if you do not wish to take out the loan)
- Achieve at least a 50% average grade for Level 4
- Demonstrate academic excellence, financial need and development potential.
- Priority will be given to students from a BAME background
How to apply
Please email your completed application form to [email protected] with your Westminster ID number and ‘Shaftesbury Scholarship’ in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday 21 June 2021 at 5pm