This course introduces users to SPSS and its features.
SPSS is a general-purpose statistical package that can perform complex data manipulation and analysis with simple instruction. Students will learn the basics of statistical analysis and data manipulation, manage, describe and summarise your gathered data using a variety of basic techniques.
The main areas covered will be:
- Build charts, scatterplots, and box plots
- Calculate descriptive statistics such as means and standard deviations
- Use inferential statistics such as t-tests and chi-squares
- Enter and read data
- Create new variables and cross-tabulations
- Model associations with correlations, contingency tables, and multiple-regression analysis
- Format and export presentations to share your data
To take this course, you'll need a basic understanding of the concepts of statistics.