How to apply for the MA or Postgraduate Certificate

Internal applications

Internal candidates should apply via UKPASS using the link on the relevant course page. You will find guidance on how to navigate the UKPASS process, plus the fee exemption form which you must have signed off by your line manager at the bottom of each page (or on the further information tab on individual modules).

External candidates

External candidates should apply using UKPASS, the national online applications system. Before making your applicationĀ  please work through the following steps:

  1. Apply UKPASS code given at the top of the page
  2. Prepare a short statement with your reasons for applying for the course for inclusion in the application form (typically; 250-500 words).
  3. Have ready electronic copies of your Bachelor, Master's and any other relevant Higher Education level and professional qualifications transcripts and certificates.
  4. Consider how you intend to pay your fees, including a sponsorship letter if applicable.
  5. We will also need two references, one academic and one related to your current work with students in Higher Education. Please note that it is your responsibility to contact your referees and arrange for a reference letter to be provided.
  6. Please ensure you provide us with full details of your experience of teaching at University level and of any qualifications you currently hold for teaching at this level.