How to apply
We use the national online applications system, UKPASS for all research degree applications. To make your application for an MPhil/PhD please work through the following steps:
- Check that you meet the entry criteria
- Check that the Faculty can provide supervision in your research area. If you have not done so yet, please review the research areas. You will be asked to confirm this in your UKPASS application form.
- Consider your funding options – are there any Studentship or Scholarships available to you or will you have to be applying as a self-funded student?
- What documents you will be required to upload with your UKPASS application:
a) Research proposal of between 2,000 and 3,500 words (four to seven pages) in length. We recommend that you follow our guidance on writing a research proposal. Please note we will not be able to consider your application if you do not include your research proposal.
b) Scanned copies of all your relevant qualification certificates and transcripts (if your award is pending, please upload the transcript of the modules already undertaken).
c) If your secondary level education has not been conducted in the medium of English, you should also demonstrate evidence of appropriate English language proficiency, for example IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
d) 2 academic references. Please note that it is your responsibility to contact your referees and arrange for a reference letter to be provided, whether by upload to UKPASS, emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
- Apply for your MPhil/PhD via the relevant link below:
Course title UKPASS code Apply now MPhil/PhD Law P052517 Apply now
PhD by published work
If you intend to apply for PhD by Published Work please refer to the information on our PhD by published work page as the application process differs from the normal MPhil/PhD. Before applying, you should first make contact with the relevant academic or relevant Faculty for an informal discussion of your publications; only at this stage should you then submit a formal application.
Course title UKPASS code Apply now PhD by Published Work Law P052520 Apply now