How to apply
We use the national online applications system, UKPASS for all research degree applications.
To make your application for an MPhil/PhD please work through the following steps:
- Check that you meet the entry criteria. If you do not meet the minimum entry criteria your application must be evaluated by a separate University committee before any offer is made. This can lead to substantial delays in your application.
- Check that the Faculty can provide supervision in your research area. If you haven't done so yet, please review the research areas. You will be asked to confirm this in your UKPASS application form.
- Consider your funding options – are there any Studentship or Scholarships available to you or will you have to be applying as a self-funded student? If there are no scholarships and you indicate on your application that you are seeking funding your application will most likely be rejected.
- What documents you will be required to upload with your UKPASS application:
a) Research proposal of between 2,500 and 3,500 words (six to ten pages) in length. We recommend that you follow our guidance on writing a research proposal. Please note we will not be able to consider your application if you do not include your research proposal.
b) Scanned copies of all your relevant qualification certificates and transcripts (if your award is pending, please upload the transcript of the modules already undertaken).
c) If your secondary level education has not been conducted in the medium of English, you should also demonstrate evidence of appropriate English language proficiency, for example IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
d) Two academic references. Please note that it is your responsibility to contact your referees and arrange for a reference letter to be provided, whether by upload to UKPASS, emailed to [email protected] or posted to:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
For more information, check a recent presentation delivered by Dr Franz Buscha and Dr Shona Bettany on how to write your proposal.
5. Apply for your MPhil/PhD via the relevant link below:
|Course title||UKPASS code||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Accounting||P052521||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Finance||P052525||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Business Information Management||P052529||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Operations Management||P052533||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Project Management||P052537||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Economics||P052541||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Human Resource Management||P052545||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Leadership and Development||P052553||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Marketing||P052557||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Consumer Research||P052561||Apply now|
|MPhil/PhD Business Studies and Strategy||P052565||Apply now|
PhD by published work
If you intend to apply for PhD by Published Work please refer to the information on our PhD by published work page as the application process differs from the normal MPhil/PhD. Before applying, you should first make contact with the relevant academic or relevant Faculty for an informal discussion of your publications. Only at this stage should you then submit a formal application.
|Course title||UKPASS code||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Accounting||P052524||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Finance||P052528||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Business Information Management||P052532||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Operations Management||P052536||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Project Management||P052540||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Economics||P052544||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Human Resource Management||P052548||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Leadership and Development||P052556||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Marketing||P052560||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Consumer Research||P052564||Apply now|
|PhD by Published Work Business Studies and Strategy||P052568||Apply now|