Professional and short courses
RICS APC: Property Agency (Purchase, Sale, Leasing, Letting) Preparation Course
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Architecture and the Built Environment|
This evening class prepares you for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ (RICS) assessment of professional competence (APC), focusing on property agency.
You will consider the statutory and common law framework of handling the purchase, sale and letting of real estate assets, the authority of the agent, marketing approaches, market appraisals, methods of sale and letting and practice guidance. We will also review relevant RICS codes and guidance.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for you if you are undertaking the RICS APC final assessment on commercial property, planning and development, residential and valuation pathways.
The course is also for you if you already have a working understanding in the subject area but would like to undertake formal continuing professional development, refreshing or enhancing your skills.
|Courses no longer available|
|Start date||Duration||Day and time||Price||Apply|
|26 September 2016||2 hours||Monday 6–8pm||£60||Already started|
The course will provide you with a technical, professional and practical outlook on the subject matter. It will support those undertaking the purchase and sale, lease and letting, and strategic real estate consultancy competencies of the APC.
You will gain an understanding of:
- the Estate Agents Act 1979
- the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- the law and practice of agency
- RICS agency and brokerage standards
- the common law and statutory provisions
- the basis of agency
- The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2004
- securing commission
- methods of sale
- agents’ boards
Teaching and learning methods
The course will be delivered using a formal lecture approach, and will give you the opportunity to interact using questions and answers throughout.
We will use a wide variety of learning methods and techniques including:
- sharing experiences with colleagues
- case studies
- debate and discussion
- self-directed reading and research
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand what common terms of agency business exist and how the agent secures a commission
- compare and contrast the various methods disposal and acquisition and the marketing approaches agents adopt under different agency instructions
- understand how planning and trade related legislation influences how an agent carries out business
- reflect on what professional codes and guidance notes are available for agents
The knowledge and understanding gained from this course will help you demonstrate both a technical understanding and practical appreciation of how the topic matter is used in the surveying profession.
Athar Rashid, Senior Lecturer
The programme counts for two hours of formal continuing professional development. A certificate of attendance will be available after the course.