Professional and short courses
RICS APC: Presentation and Interview Skills
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Architecture and the Built Environment|
This one-day intensive and practical course is designed to hone presentation and interview skills for the final Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ (RICS) assessment of professional competence (APC).
This course is for all pathways and will include mock interviews with feedback from experienced APC panel members and tips for the final assessment. You can combine it with our Technical Preparation Course (Property Pathways) to form a two-day course.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for you if you are undertaking the RICS APC final assessment on commercial property, planning and development, residential and valuation pathways.
|No course dates available|
|Register your interest and we will let you know when we have new dates.|
You will gain an understanding of:
- practical interview techniques
- advice on handouts
- how to keep eye contact
- preparation for the RICS final assessment
- approach to answering questions
- approach to different competency levels
- common RICS ethical questions asked at the APC final interview
Teaching and learning methods
The course will be delivered using a formal lecture, interactive questions and answers, and presentations and feedback in small groups.
We will use a wide variety of learning methods and techniques including:
- sharing experiences with colleagues
- case studies
- debate and discussion
- presentation and feedback
By the end of this course you will:
- have confidence in your APC case study presentation
- have confidence in how to approach both easy and difficult APC questions
- be aware of typical ethics-based APC questions
The knowledge and understanding gained from this course will help you demonstrate both a technical understanding and practical appreciation of how the topic matter is used in the surveying profession.
- Michael Pain, Principal Lecturer
- Athar Rashid, Senior Lecturer
The programme counts for 7.5 hours of formal continuing professional development. A certificate of attendance will be available after the course.