Professional and short courses
How to Write Creatively
|Location||Wells Street, Central London|
This course aims to develop your understanding of creative writing and its possibilities. It nurtures your potential to be an innovative and independent writer.
Through a series of interactive workshops and site visits, you will be able to develop your confidence and ability as a mature and sophisticated writer and reader of fiction, drama and poetry generally. The course will enable you to experiment with your own writing, to critically examine other people's works as well as your own. Finally, the course will inform your understanding of the publication outlets for your creative writing.
Who is this course for?
Anybody with an interest in writing, willing to take their creativity to the next level.
|No course dates available|
|Register your interest and we will let you know when we have new dates.|
The course will cover:
- characterisation and voice
- use of space and setting
- pace and tension
- plot and structure
- dialogue and register
- subtexts and detail
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- plan an extensive writing project informed by the current market and creative trends, complete first drafts and work effectively on successive drafts
- critically analyse your own work and that of others in the context of current writing and social developments
- articulate an awareness and understanding of key aspects of creative writing, particularly writing that focuses on the city
- demonstrate initiative and originality in your response to the current market for creative writing, and plan your own work and submission schedule for the foreseeable future