Professional and short courses
M_o_R® – Management of Risk – Foundation
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
During this risk management course we will present a comprehensive approach to managing risks within an organisation.
The Management of Risk (M_o_R®) certification considers risk from different perspectives:
- strategic risk
- programme risk
- project risk
- operational risk
There are two levels, each examined separately: the Foundation level and Practitioner level, which you can take sequentially or at separate times. You need the Foundation level as a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
The three-day Foundation course will conclude with a one-hour multiple-choice exam (closed book) and lead to the M_o_R Foundation certification.
M_o_R® is part of the Global Best Practice Portfolio run by AXELOS.
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at:
- business change managers
- programme and project managers
- risk managers
- business, programme and project support staff and managers
- operational staff and managers
- staff and Managers from other disciplines, particularly those responsible for establishing standards or integrating them with MoP portfolio management, MSP programme management and PRINCE2 project management
|Courses no longer available|
|Start date||Duration||Day and time||Price||Apply|
|24 October 2018||3 days||Wednesday to Friday 9.30am–5pm||£535||Course is full|
Book the Foundation course together with the M_o_R® Practitioner course for a discounted fee of £899.
The course consists of a series of classroom lectures and group exercises. The lectures introduce the method’s terminology, then we will discuss case studies to explain how to use the method in practice. We will provide supplementary learning material via the University’s online learning platform. At the end of each day we will use multiple choice questions to remind us of the day’s learning and to prepare us for the certificate exam.
Foundation certification confirms that a you are able to demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of the following four elements of the M_o_R® framework and how they support corporate governance:
- embedding and reviewing
The exam has the following format:
- multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper (5 trial questions not counted in scores)
- 50% (35 marks out of 70) required to pass
- 60 minutes’ duration
- closed book
At the end of the Foundation course, you will understand the structure, basic concepts and terminology within the M_o_R guide.
Specifically, for any organisational perspective, you will:
- know the facts, terms, concepts and relationships between the four elements of the M_o_R framework
- understand how the M_o_R principles, approach and processes are used
- be able to identify the M_o_R framework documents and understand their uses and differences
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, you should familiarise yourself with their manual and study for around 10 hours before the first day of training. You will also need to study between training days.
AMPG will issue you with an e-certificate on successful completion of the exams.