Professional and short courses
Communicating Difficult Messages
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Westminster Business School|
This practical workshop is designed to enable you to ensure you communicate difficult messages clearly, calmly and in a non-confrontational manner.
Communicating Difficult Messages is one of our Leadership Workshops, designed for executives, managers and board members who wish to maximise their effectiveness and career potential.
|No course dates available|
|Register your interest and we will let you know when we have new dates.|
During this workshop, you will:
- explore various types of ‘difficult’ workplace scenarios
- discuss what makes difficult communications difficult
- consider which communication approaches work well and why they do in these situations
You will learn about and test the following:
- cognitive approach
- sandwich method
- British Airways method
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- have learned a selection of techniques and approaches enabling you to manage difficult conversations more effectively
- have practiced delivering and receiving difficult messages
- know how to ensure the messages you deliver are heard and understood
- be able to use the sandwich method
Angela Mansi is a Senior Lecturer in Leadership and Development at Westminster Business School with extensive experience in business and teaching in higher education. A Chartered Occupational Psychologist (British Psychological Society (BPS)) and a Registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), Angela is an Associate Fellow of the BPS and the HFE.
She specialises in coaching for senior management development and is Director of WorkLife Management Ltd. Her clients include airlines, the banking sector, the military, construction companies and private individuals. She has completed a PhD investigating personality and emotions at work (University of London).