Professional and short courses
Market Research for Air Transport
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Architecture and the Built Environment|
This course aims to create a forum for airports and airlines that will discuss how to effectively conduct and assess market research. The air transport industry is constantly striving to become more commercially effective in an competitive and uncertain business environment. Market research is of particular importance to this, providing vital information to enable demand-led decisions.
Who is this course for?
The seminar has been designed to appeal to a wide range of participants.
It will be of interest to:
- marketing and commercial managers of airlines and airports
- staff involved with passenger surveys and market research
- aviation specialists in government departments
- suppliers of air transport products
- consultants who are working in the field of air transport
|No course dates available|
|Register your interest and we will let you know when we have new dates.|
Focusing on market research, the course will cover:
- designing an effective survey of air travellers
- schedules, frequency and capacity data
- how Heathrow uses its market research
- market research for a niche airport
- testing market research data with SPSS examples
Teaching and learning methods
We will use a wide variety of learning methods and techniques including:
- case studies
- debate and discussion
Dr Nigel Dennis is head of the Air Transport Unit, co-ordinating the aviation research and teaching activities at the University of Westminster. He has carried out consultancy work for many clients including British Airways, Ryanair, DHL, BAA and the European Commission, and has published numerous papers and articles.
He is course leader of the Air Transport Planning and Management MSc and has taught airline planning on the existing Master's degree programmes for 20 years.
Participants on this course will receive a certificate of attendance which can be used to as supportive evidence for continued professional development (CPD).