The centre builds on the particular expertise of its researchers in freight and logistics, air, rail and bus transport, cycle movements, infrastructure development, planning and development, housing and urban design, as well as public policy analysis in the UK and abroad. Staff have well established networks in industry and practice and excellent track records in their field.
The centre aims:
- To be at the forefront of theoretical, policy and applied aspects of urban infrastructures;
- To contribute towards a University-wide strategy for research;
- To encourage innovation and cross-fertilisation of ideas on wellbeing in cities, and the role of transport, infrastructure and urban planning;
- To work closely with industry, policy, and other research centres where synergies occur;
- To promote a strong research culture through dissemination, seminars and the promotion of impact.