China Media Centre
07 December 2018
|Time:||8:30am to 5:00pm|
We are calling for participants in the 5th Global China Dialogue (GCD V): Governance for Global Justice.
This is a one-day event on 7 December 2018, with additional options of pre-dialogue and post-dialogue events on 6 and 8 December 2018 (separate calls will be made for these events).
The China Media Centre at the University of Westminster is co-organising this event with:
- Global China Institute, UK
- Lau China Institute, King’s College London, UK
- Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Renmin University of China (RDCY), China
The Global China Dialogues focus on the global issues facing China and Chinese people and enhance public understanding of current global affairs and common interests through public dialogue and discussion between Chinese and non-Chinese academics, experts, professionals and practitioners and interested laypeople, from interdisciplinary and comparative perspectives.
The event takes place at The British Academy, Houses of Parliament, University of Westminster and University College London (UCL) over the course of three days. More details are available on the Global China Dialogue website.
- Pre-Dialogue event: Thursday 6 December, 2-5pm, Digital Interconnection and Intelligent Manufacturing – Social Change and Cultural Transformation in Global Society Workshop - University of Westminster
- The Dialogue: Friday 7 December, 8:30am-5pm - the British Academy; an evening reception (6-10pm) - the House of Commons of the UK Parliament (invited speakers and participants who have paid the full registration fees)
- Post-Dialogue event: Saturday 8 December, 10am:-4pm - Academic Publishing and Knowledge Service Forum on China and China in Comparative Studies - King’s College London
- Professor Sandra Fredman FBA, QC (hon), Rhodes Professor of the Laws of the British Commonwealth and the USA, Facuty of Law, University of Oxford, UK [tbc]
- Professor Lord Anthony Giddens, former Director of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK
- Ms Dorothy Guerrero, Head of Policy and Advocacy, Global Justice Now, UK
- Dr Marek Hrubec, Director and a Senior Fellow of the Department of Moral and Political Philosophy and the Centre of Global Studies, Institute of Philosophy, Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Dr HUANG Jialiang, Associate Professor, Deputy Dean of the School of Sociology and Demography, Renmin University of China; Secretary General of Legal Sociology Specialized Committee, Chinese Sociological Association, China
- Professor Martin Jacques, Senior Fellow at the Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge, UK; Visiting Professor at Tsinghua University, China
- Dr Walter Wan Fai Lee, Assistant Professor and Programme Leader for Global and China
- Studies, School of Arts and Social Sciences, The Open University of Hong Kong
- Professor LI Hong, School of Sociology, Northeast Normal University; Executive Director of Jilin Sociological Association, China
- H.E. Ambassador Liu Xiaoming, the Chinese Embassy to the UK [tbc]
- Professor Dr Elke Mack, Chair of Department of Christian Social Ethics and Social Sciences, University of Erfurt, Germany
- Dr Maurizio Marinelli, Senior Lecturer in East Asian History, Co-Director Sussex Asia Centre, University of Sussex, UK
- Mr David Meyer, Head of International, Ministry of Justice, UK
- Professor Susan Robertson, Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge; Editor in Chief – Globalisation, Societies and Education
- Professor Charles Sampford, Director of the Institute for Ethics, Governance and Law (IEGL), Griffith University, Australia
- Dr Li Sun, Lecturer in Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Leeds; Consultant to UN, World Bank, OECD, and China
- Mr Steve Trent, co-Founder & Executive Director, Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF), UK
- Professor WANG Fan, Vice-President of China Foreign Affairs University; Vice-President of China National Association for International Studies
- Dr WANG Jiangli, Director of UK office of Zhejiang University; former Deputy Director of Department of Political Science in School of Public Affairs, Zhejiang University, China
- Professor WANG Tie, former director of Institute of Information Sciences, Wuhan Academy of Social Sciences, China
- Dr XIAO Hong, Professorial Editor-in-Chief, China Academic Journal (CD) Electronic Publishing House, Director of Chinese Scientific Bibliometrics Research Centre of CNKI, General Manager of International Publishing Centre of CNKI, China
- Dr Maung Zarni, Fellow of the Sleuk Rith Institute (a Permanent Documentation Centre), Cambodia
- Dr ZHANG Xiaodong, General Secretary and Executive Director of the Academic Board of China Management Science Society; ECO of Agile Think Tank, China; Deputy Director of Global China Institute, UK
- Professor ZHU Guanglei, Vice President of Nankai University; Deputy Director of the National Political Science Education Steering Committee, China
There are no upcoming events at this time.