Short courses and professional development
Only Connect staff counselling
Based in central London, the University of Westminster offers staff counselling and consultancy service for people working in education.
Who we are
We are a group of professionally trained, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counsellors with many years of experience working with individuals and groups in education.
We work with a range of higher education institutions including Birkbeck and the Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance.
Most of us work as counsellors and consultants within an educational setting and are well aware of the current pressures that staff can experience at work.
What we offer
Counselling for organisations
We provide a range of services including:
- an agreed number of sessions of confidential counselling services for individual staff
- telephone consultation for managers including those in HR concerned about a particular member of staff
- supervision for staff groups or individuals going through organisational change
- consultation following a crisis situations, such as sudden death
- counselling for individuals involved in disciplinary procedures
- counselling for staff facing redundancy
- consultation to explore staff conflicts within departments
- workshops for staff teams
Counselling for individuals
- a confidential counselling service working to a professional code of practice
- an initial assessment appointment, followed by short- or long-term counselling
- referral to outside agencies where appropriate
Whether you want to bridge a skills gap or motivate your staff with continuing professional development (CPD), we can help with your in-house training or deliver training programmes tailored to your needs.