Applied DSP and VLSI Research Group
We have worked with the following organisations and companies in the past:
- Mitsubishi Electric VIL, Guildford UK
- Dialog Semiconductor, Ltd., Swindon, UK
- Burr-Brown Europe Ltd., Livingston, Scotland, UK
- GEC Plessey Semiconductors Ltd., Swindon, UK
- NOKIA Ltd., Camberley, UK
- Panasonic Europe Ltd., UK
- Ericsson Components AB., Kista, Sweden
- ChipIdea, Portugal
- Agere Technologies, UK
- NewLogic, Austria
- Lucent Technologies, UK
- MITEL Semiconductor, USA
- Zarlink Semiconductor, UK
- Zarlink Semiconductor, USA
- Starkey Laboratories USA
- GN-Resound, Denmark
- ASTRIUM UK Ltd
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council UK (EPSRC, UK)
- European Space Agency
- UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI)
Some recent and ongoing projects
- Design and Development of an integrated ultra-low-power sensor/sensor network to be deployed in detecting and aiding in putting out forest fires, to start in January 2014, and funded by the European Framework 7 scheme.
- Design and Development of low-complexity, low-power DSP processor and processing engines to be deployed in on-board communication satellite’s channelizer payloads, for Astrium and the European Space Agency, currently nearing completion.
- Design and Development of a mobile phone based Biomedical diagnosis system to diagnose malaria infected human blood, under a minute without the need for an expert Physician or technician. Work Undertaken under the support of a Small UKIERI grant.
- Design and Development of a state of the art Chip Scale Atomic Clock Driven, Digitally Configurable Multistandard, Multiconstellation and Frequency GNSS Receiver Platform, developed under a UK EPSRC project grant that has just been completed.
- Design and Development of Low-Complexity and Ultra-Low-Power Completely In Canal Digital Hearing Aid Processor, for Zarlink Semiconductor and Starkey Laboratories USA.
- Design and development of a Digitally Configurable (Software Defined) Radio for DAB and GPS Reception, for Mitsubishi Electric VIL, Guildford UK.