With a background in telecommunications and the digital industries, I joined Westminster Business School as a visiting lecturer in 2002 and eventually took a full-time role when I was appointed course leader for MA International Business and Management (MA IBM) in 2011.
I am a pro-active academic and industry focussed marketer, with extensive experience leading large-scale international post graduate courses and managing international partnerships and franchise programmes.
My areas of research interest are in Transnational Education, the application of eye-tracking in neuro-marketing and user-experience.
Consultancy and professional practice
- 2011/12: Academic lead in a joint research program with the Institute of Sales Promotion (ISP) to investigate the structure, dynamics and value of the UK Sales Promotion Industry.
- 2012/13: Joint academic lead in the development and delivery of Business Strategy and Marketing workshop for the Institute of Speech Therapists – delivering the program to five centres in the UK (London, Belfast, Newcastle, Cardiff, Manchester).
- 2015 – Present: regular KTP programs for start-up FMCG companies in marketing strategy and brand positioning (Percol coffee; London Crisp Company; Ufit protein supplements).
- 2016: Trans National Education (TNE) strategic business planning workshop for Thai Universities (funded by the British council).
Industry white papers:
- 2010: Sustainable growth: Challenges and opportunities. 1st White paper written in collaboration with the Institute of Promotional Marketing, London.
- 2011: In place of price: taming price discounting. 2nd White paper written in collaboration with Institute of Promotional Marketing, London.
Course Leader (MA / MSc International Business and Management) (2011 – 2017): Managing and developing Westminster University’s largest full-time post graduate program with 130 students.
We revalidated and validated the course in 2016 as a dual pathway MA/MSc and also introduced several new teaching innovations and applied technologies such as blended learning and ‘live’ case studies.
Teaching and Module Management experience: Senior Lecturer (Department of Marketing Business Strategy): Module management (writing, resourcing and leading modules in: Theory and Practice of Business (Level 4 core module with c.1000 students); Principles of Marketing (Level 5 core module with c.700 students); Sports Marketing (Level 5 optional module) Public Relations and Sales Promotion (Level 6 optional module); Sales Promotion and Publicity Management (Core module MA Marketing Communications); International Marketing and Communications Management (Core module MA International Business and Management); Business Research Methods (Core module MA International Business and Management); MA IBM Projects Co-ordinator; Master’s level and MBA project supervisor ( I have supervised over fifty Master’s level dissertations).
‘Impact of Social Media Intensity and Celebrity Culture on Conspicuous Consumption: A Cross Cultural Analysis.’.
‘Spreading the good: what aspects of CSR strategy create value for consumers? A comparative study of Unilever and Danone’s strategies and London millennial consumers' perceptions using Oxfam's ‘Behind the Brands’ framework (in writing).
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.