With a background in telecommunications and the digital industries, I joined Westminster Business School as a visiting lecturer in 2002 and eventually took a full-time role when I was appointed course leader for MA International Business and Management (MA IBM) in 2011.
I am a pro-active academic and industry focussed marketer, with extensive experience leading large-scale international post graduate courses and managing international partnerships and franchise programmes.
My areas of research interest are in Transnational Education, the application of eye-tracking in neuro-marketing and user-experience.
Consultancy and professional practice
- 2011/12: Academic lead in a joint research program with the Institute of Sales Promotion (ISP) to investigate the structure, dynamics and value of the UK Sales Promotion Industry.
- 2012/13: Joint academic lead in the development and delivery of Business Strategy and Marketing workshop for the Institute of Speech Therapists – delivering the program to five centres in the UK (London, Belfast, Newcastle, Cardiff, Manchester).
- 2015 – Present: regular KTP programs for start-up FMCG companies in marketing strategy and brand positioning (Percol coffee; London Crisp Company; Ufit protein supplements).
- 2016: Trans National Education (TNE) strategic business planning workshop for Thai Universities (funded by the British council).
Industry white papers:
- 2010: Sustainable growth: Challenges and opportunities. 1st White paper written in collaboration with the Institute of Promotional Marketing, London.
- 2011: In place of price: taming price discounting. 2nd White paper written in collaboration with Institute of Promotional Marketing, London.
Course Leader (MA / MSc International Business and Management) (2011 – 2017): Managing and developing Westminster University’s largest full-time post graduate program with 130 students.
We revalidated and validated the course in 2016 as a dual pathway MA/MSc and also introduced several new teaching innovations and applied technologies such as blended learning and ‘live’ case studies.
Teaching and Module Management experience: Senior Lecturer (Department of Marketing Business Strategy): Module management (writing, resourcing and leading modules in: Theory and Practice of Business (Level 4 core module with c.1000 students); Principles of Marketing (Level 5 core module with c.700 students); Sports Marketing (Level 5 optional module) Public Relations and Sales Promotion (Level 6 optional module); Sales Promotion and Publicity Management (Core module MA Marketing Communications); International Marketing and Communications Management (Core module MA International Business and Management); Business Research Methods (Core module MA International Business and Management); MA IBM Projects Co-ordinator; Master’s level and MBA project supervisor ( I have supervised over fifty Master’s level dissertations).
‘Impact of Social Media Intensity and Celebrity Culture on Conspicuous Consumption: A Cross Cultural Analysis.’.
‘Spreading the good: what aspects of CSR strategy create value for consumers? A comparative study of Unilever and Danone’s strategies and London millennial consumers' perceptions using Oxfam's ‘Behind the Brands’ framework (in writing).