Dr Angeliki Theophilopoulou
Senior Lecturer in Economics
I'm part of
Connect with me
Angeliki is a Senior Lecturer in Economics at the University of Westminster. She came to Westminster Business School after holding teaching positions at Birkbeck College, University College London, and University of Reading. She has also carried out research at the Fiscal Policy division of the European Central Bank, where she was involved in projects on pension reforms. Her current research is in the area of applied macroeconomics, fiscal and monetary policy and pensions. Angeliki has been organising the Pension Research Network (PRN) workshops and a co-editor of the PRN Newsletter.
PhD in Economics, Birkbeck, University of London
MSc in European Economic Studies, University of Reading
BSc in Business Administration, University of Piraeus, Greece
Module Leader in Contemporary Debates in Macroeconomics and Money, Banking and Financial Markets. Teaching also for Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy and PG Projects.
- "The impact of monetary policy on inequality in the UK. An empirical analysis" with Haroon Mumtaz, 2017, Vol. 98 (C) pp. 410-423.
- “The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks under measurement error: A SVAR approach” with Andrea Carriero, Haroon Mumtaz and Konstantinos Theodoridis, 2015, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Vol. 4 (6), pp. 1223–1238.
- “Macroeconomic Information, Structural Change, and the Prediction of Fiscal Aggregates”, with Andrea Carriero and Haroon Mumtaz, 2015, International Journal of Forecasting, Vol. 31(2), pp. 325–348.
- “International transmission of shocks: A time-varying Factor Augmented VAR approach to the open economy”, with Philip Liu and Haroon Mumtaz, 2014, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 14, pp.1-15.
- “The Role of Labour Earnings in determining Post Retirement Income: Evidence from the British Households Panel Survey”, 2013, with Orla Gough and Roberta Adami. Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 40(3), pp. 284 – 297.
Working papers and work in progress
- “The state level impact of uncertainty shocks" 2016, with Haroon Mumtaz and Laura Sunder-Plassmann. Working Paper, No 793, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance
- "Monetary Policy and Inequality in the UK," 2015 with Haroon Mumtaz. Working Paper, No 738, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- "Performance Evaluation of Pension Funds Using Mixture Models" with Spyridon Vrontos, Orla Gouph and Roberta Adami, 2014, Working paper WBS
- “Population Ageing and Public Pension Reforms in a Small Open Economy”, 2008, with Christiane Nickel and Philipp Rother, ECB Working Papers Series, No 863.
- “The Impact of Structural Pension Reforms on Macroeconomic Performance: An Empirical Analysis”, 2007, Birkbeck College Working Paper Series, No 0806.
- “Decomposition of changes in pension inequality: A quantile regression study” with Roberta Adami, work in progress.
- “The impact of financial shocks on Inequality”, with Haroon Mumtaz and Zeyyad Mandalinci, work in progress.
- “Entrance and Fiscal Policies in a Monetary Union. A Theoretical Analysis”, work in progress.