Connect with me
- M.Sc. in Optimisation and Computing, Loughborough University of Technology.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics (Applied), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Teaching mainly Pg modules in Database Systems / Theory / Languages / Administration
- Learning, Teaching and Quality Rep
- Member and Deputy Chair of the Cavendish CASG (2005/6 2007/8)
- Chair of the Annual Monitoring UG IS Cognate Group
- Chair/Member of various review/validation panels
- Course Leader for MSc Adv Info Tech using Oracle & MSc Database Systems
- Admissions Tutor for MSc Adv Info Tech using Oracle & MSc Database Systems
- Personal Tutor for MSc Adv Info Tech using Oracle & MSc Database Systems students
- Postgraduate Projects Co-ordinator for DISC (2001/2 2006/7)Postgraduate Courses Induction Co-ordinator
- Postgraduate Courses Marketing Co-ordinator (2004/5 2005/6)
- Postgraduate Courses Exams Officer
- Postgraduate Courses Timetabler
- Database Expert Group Chair
- Oracle Academic Initiative Co-ordinator
- Member of the Schools Web Group
- Nominated Staff Appraiser for DISC
Industrial and commercial experience
- External Examiner for a number of institutions incl. Kingston University (2004 present),
- Swansea Metropolitan University (2006 present), Univ. of London (LSE) External Programme (2000 2003).
- External Advisor in validation/review panels
- Reviewer for a number of International Conferences, incl. ITI (2003), CGIV (2004), IADIS e-society (2009).
- Analyst / Programmer for a software-house, Thessaloniki, Greece (19815 & 19867).
Cover most areas of data management, systems integration and with particular emphasis on Database Languages:
- query languages, query processing, visual query languages;
- information management, data transformation & integration;
- web information retrieval and user interaction with the web;
- Semantic web technologies incl. XML, RDF and web services;
- e-business technologies;
- info systems development and deployment; the history of database systems
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.